Sunday 23 October 2011

Friends with Benefit

What can you do with 15 minutes, some hot wax and a pink wig?...Create beautiful brows, apparently.

And that's just what happened a couple of nights ago when I visited the Benefit Brow Bar in Myer Melbourne.



















Above: before the treatment, and one day afterwards.





It all started innocently enough, with a quest for humble bath products (for my Alba addiction). As I queued with body scrub in hand, I became fascinated with the happenings of the Benefit Brow Bar, next door. The music was pumping and the staff were bopping around cheerfully in the cutest glittery, fluro wigs (and I have a real soft spot for anything glittery). One of the girls noticed me watching and thrust a brochure into my palm. I was hooked.

The next day I found myself drawn back to the Brow Bar. After a brief wait (which gave me just enough time to fill up on a coffee next door), I was ushered to a seat and carefully examined by one of the staff. Along with maybe three or four others, I had my hair swept back from my face and my brows tinted, waxed, plucked then brushed and trimmed into place. As my brows have always been mousy and a bit tousled, I didn't have much hope for any great miracles. However, I found that the process made them seem somehow fuller, and beautifully shaped (see photographic evidence, above). After a brief makeup touch-up by the Benefit ladies, I left feeling like an old-time screen goddess. Not bad for about half an hour and 35 buckeroos. See you next time, Benefit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment