Friday 23 March 2012

To do: Rock-climbing by the Yarra

Breathe. Hold. Stretch across. Now, up or down? Blue or Green?...Or perhaps a scenic walk by the river and a coffee instead?

Walking like an Egyptian / Rhesus Monkey
On the northern side of the Yarra river, underneath the Monash Freeway opposite Herring Island lie three free, 24-hour rock-climbing walls. I discovered these while jogging along the river one day and resolved to come back and try them as soon as I could.

Turns out that I'm not particularly gifted in hauling my body-weight around and shimmying across walls... Yet. Perhaps with a bit more practice, I'll be able to chill out on a little green rock like this guy:

In the meantime there's always Canteen cafe across the river, and their delicious post-climb pastries to keep me motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment