Tuesday 16 August 2011

Buffing Terriffic

Purple, blue, green, white, gold, silver - my nails have seen it all in recent months. The most laughable moment in this parade of colour was convincing my manicurist that I did want yellow on my fingernails - and then watching her visibly flinch as she applied the colour. However, following exams and the ensuing temporary deterioration of my care factor for things like nail maintenance, I found myself with totally naked nails.
I decided to capitalise on the novelty factor by shaping them and then buffing them with the old trusty buffing block. Brands like Manicare have been making these for ages, and they tend to loiter in the nail section of pharmacies and the like. I've long held a fascination for the way that they work (which always seemed like the ultimate fusion of nail-magic and nail-science).





Anyhoo, fast forward a few days, and I was sitting in a meeting minding my own business - when my nails caught my eye. The were still softly shiny and shaped. Even, I dare to say, polished-looking and professional. And no chipping to annoy me. (I have to note that I am terrible at maintaining nail polish, and anyone who can keep it perfect for more than a few days deserves an award...Or needs to get out more).

It is now a few days later and I feel that I must write about the great re-discovery of buffing. Bright, sheeny-shiny manicures will always have my heart, but for good, old-fashioned quality you can't go past a bit of buff.

No comments:

Post a Comment