Friday 22 July 2011

Alba back

I've been a little inactive on the blogo-sphere of recent days on account of a few (read 6) pesky exams which are coming up. However, I have to drop a little note about Alba Botanica which has keeping me nice and relaxed (and scented) during my study hell.




Interestingly, Alba has been around for a looong time (for a skincare brand). I remember being gifted their bodywash as a teenager and hoarding it like sweetly-smelling liquid gold. Last weekend I was wandering through David Jones when I noticed the familiar green and yellow packaging (somewhat unusual amidst the minimalist cool greens and browns of the other products). One sniff of the kukui nut organic body oil, and I was hooked again. I grabbed the body oil and the sea salt scrub and gleefully ran home to have a bath.

The products smell like coffee-caramel-chocolate loveliness, without that intense and fake sweetness that I've come across in other body products. And Alba fills their goods with lovely organic and natural ingredients such as macadamia and almond oils, so you can slather with abandon. On this account, I could forgive the fact that the scrub left a slightly oily sheen on my body. I just pretended that I was lying under a coconut tree in a tropical island paradise and let it all sink in, baby....

No comments:

Post a Comment