Sunday 12 February 2012

A relaxing ritual

I'm a big fan of oil...Olive oil, fish oil, argan oil - all sorts of oil. But my favourite oil of all time is massage oil.



I keep a bottle of pure, simple sweet almond oil in my beauty cabinet and use it as a facial cleanser, makeup remover, muscle rub and all-over moisturiser. Combined with a few drops of essential oil, it becomes a mini beauty ritual of its own. My favourite scents are:

  • Geranium to sooth the nerves;
  • Peppermint and lemon for sore muscles;
  • Jasmine to feel pretty;
  • Lemon to start the day; and
  • Lavender and chamomile to end it.

There's something insanely soothing about a DIY facial massage with lavender-scented oil at the end of the day. And as a bonus it takes off makeup and leaves your skin looking and feeling amazing. Now that's good oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment